North Carolina PFAS Testing Network
The beauty of North Carolina’s lakes and rivers is being threatened by a group of human-made chemicals, known as Per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS), including GenX.
To understand the extent of PFAS contamination across the state, the North Carolina General Assembly funded a statewide research study. This study is a collaboration among universities to document the presence of PFAS and understand its impacts on the environment and our health.
Please take the time to navigate through the website to learn more about the research teams and the science to understand PFAS.
- Health Effects of PFAS Compounds
- PFAS in the Environment
- PFAS Within the Atmosphere
- Indoor and Outdoor PFAS Exposure
- Treatment for PFAS-Related Health Issues
- Removal and Disposal of PFAS