Associate Professor, North Carolina A&T State University
- Ph.D., Civil Engineering, West Virginia University, 2017
I am an associate professor who studies environmental related topics: wastewater treatment, emerging chemicals and health impact analysis. The overarching goal of my research is to build a sustainable and environmental-friendly eco-system and reduce contamination and factors contribution to negative human and living animals’ health impact. My work has practical applications in developing new environment-friendly product to alleviate environmental concerns and new cost-effective and sustainable systems to treat industrial/municipal/agricultural wastewater.
Areas of Expertise
- Trace level contaminants removal from aqueous phase
- Physical, chemical and biological wastewater treatment technology development
- Shale gas fracturing flow back water remediation and reuse
- Advanced surface characterization and analysis
- Chemical spill and fate in the environment
- Environmental microbiology
- Sustainable resource and energy development.