- This event has passed.
Webinar: PFAS: Messaging, Managing Risk, and Testing for Unregulated Compounds
July 22 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
The main goal of this webinar is to share case studies from utilities dealing with PFAS monitoring, detection, and stakeholder engagement. The case studies presented in this webinar will show how some utilities are handling the situations they face regarding PFAS and the uncertainty around dealing with the contaminant and communicating with their customers. Additionally, the laboratory perspective will show the challenges for those whose job it is to sample PFAS, along with methodologies for sampling and reporting. Participants will learn from a wide array of case studies, including groundwater and surface water, treatment methods, laboratory methods, and stakeholder and customer engagement, which will help guide participants in their own challenges related to PFAS.
- Participants will learn about stakeholder engagement (working with new stakeholders—fire departments, training centers, airports, military installations, etc.).
- The webinar will provide tips and techniques for communicating about PFAS when no regulation is in place, but there is a health advisory.
- The webinar will provide relevant case studies and illustrate how other utilities are handling treatment and messaging.
- Participants will learn about the testing challenges and methods for PFAS.
- Utility perspectives on the challenges of PFAS—messaging and treatment
- Treatment options for PFAS in different situations
- How different utilities engage with different stakeholders regarding PFAS
- Laboratory challenges and testing challenges for PFAS
Learn from this webinar’s esteemed presenters:
Michael J Pickel, PE; Horsham Water and Sewer Authority
Carol T Walczyk, PE, PMP; SUEZ
Erika Houtz, PhD, PE; Arcadis
Sarah Page, PhD; City of Ann Arbor